- This event has passed.
Kundalini Yoga Immersion Weekend with Nicole Fey
October 22, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until October 22, 2017
Cultivate a Peaceful Mind through Kundalini Yoga
Earn 12 Continuing Education Credits (CE) for Yoga Alliance RYT requirement
Kundalini Yoga is yoga for these times. Decades ago, Yogi Bhajan predicted that life would become more and more stressful and chaotic, creating stress-related physical, mental and spiritual imbalance in people. Powerful Kundalini mantras, postures and kriyas passed down through the ages have left us with the tools to take ourselves out of distress and cultivate a peaceful mind.
In this 12 hour course, you will:
- Tap into the wisdom of your breath and innate ability to balance the body
- Have a solid foundation and understanding of Kundalini Yoga
- Learn how to meditate
- Activate your energy centers (chakras)
- Create flexibility in the spine
- Strengthen the nervous system
- Improve body awareness
- Learn nutrition and yoga for detoxification of body and mind
- Establish your yoga practice and yogic lifestyle principles
What will you receive from this training?
- History, Tradition And Philosophy Of The Sacred Practice Of Kundalini Yoga
- How To Balance Inner And Outer Worlds With Your Yoga Practice
- Experience How Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Enhance Your Energy Flow And Mental And Emotional Well-Being
- Correct Alignment For Sitting And Standing Postures
- How To Initiate The Power Of The Navel Point
- Pranayama Techniques To Improve Breathe Capacity And Overall Health
- Cleansing The Body Of Toxins, Stagnation And Negativity
- The Foundation Of Yogic Diet & Lifestyle
- Learning To Detoxify The Body With Raw, Vegetable Juices
- Yogic Breathing To Enhance Your Meditative State
- How To Develop Your Sadhana (Daily Yoga Practice)
- Understanding How Kundalini Yoga Supports The Transition Into The Aquarian Age
- Cultivating Positivity With Chanting
- Enhancing Digestion Through Postures, Pranayama And Yogic Lifestyle
- The Chakra System And How Kundalini Yoga Balances Your Chakra Energy
- Chant Healing Mantras With Nicole And Musical Accompaniment With Laith Keilany
- Experience Sound Healing With A Gong Bath With Michael Lott
- The ability to cultivate a peaceful state during stressful or chaotic times.
Nicole Fey will be joined by Special Guests Laith Keilany, musical accompaniment for chanting mantra and Bachan Dass (Michael Lott) for gong bath/sound healing
Laith Keilany has been a talented presence in the Knoxville music scene for over a decade. He has performed with many Knoxville musicians, such as Jodie Manross, Greg Horne and Casey Jones as well as dance companies such as Momentum and Circle Modern Dance. With Jodie Manross, Laith Keilany has opened for diverse artists such as BB King, John Mayer, Keb Mo, Sugarland, Dar Williams, Norman Blake and Leon Russell, released four albums and has had original music featured on television shows such as So You Think You Can Dance.
On occasion when he performs solo, he provides instrumentals featuring the guitar, the oud and cumbus. When he is not on stage, he teaches guitar and ukelele at Pick n Grin in Bearden.
Michael Lott is a transformational and healing catalyst who helps people tap into their inner light through his offerings as a Kundalini yoga teacher, a sound healing enthusiast, and as a seasoned intuitive counselor & spiritual teacher. Kundalini yoga has been a large part of Michaels personal transformational toolset for many years and more recently he began teaching ongoing classes to share this powerful yogic technology. Since completing the KRI 200hr Kundalini yoga teacher training program, he has also found a passion for playing and experimenting with the gong as a sound healing tool in his ongoing Kundalini Yoga classes and private sessions.
ABOUT YOGI BHAJAN AND KUNDALINI YOGA
Yogi Bhajan introduced Kundalini Yoga to the West in 1968. He taught over 8,000 classes and inspired thousands of people to keep up and live in their excellence. Arriving first in California, Yogi Bhajan understood that the youth were seeking connection to higher consciousness but were going about it the wrong way – through drugs and “half-baked mysticism.” He taught his students tirelessly, created Yoga Teacher Training, Women’s Camp, Summer and Winter Solstice, established the first interfaith International Peace Prayer Day in 1985, and has authored over 30 books on his teachings.
ABOUT NICOLE FEY
Nicole discovered the healing power of yoga at 37 years old after experiencing a lifetime of anxiety and back pain. Completely transformed by the effects of Kundalini Yoga after taking classes in Maui, Hawaii, Nicole earned her 200-hr certification through the Kundalini Research Institute and went on to teach classes to students desiring a yoga that calms the mind and brings emotional balance and resilience to body, mind and spirit. Nicole teachers the purest form of Kundalini Yoga, as taught by her teacher, Yogi Bhajan. With a reputation as a “spiritual” yoga practice, Nicole strives to teach this yoga in a practical, grounded way to make it accessible to beginners as well as challenging for even the most adept yogi.
Nicole has a health coaching practice in Knoxville, combining the powerfully healing effects of yoga, nutrition and detoxification to help her clients achieve body balance and vibrant health. Recently, Nicole has co-produced the first yoga festival in Tennessee and authored her first book, The Ultimate Juicing & Holistic Health Program. She has worked nationwide with corporate clients including Rabobank New York, John Wiley & Sons, Corcoran Group, L’Oreal, Rubbermaid and Caris Health. For more on Nicole, go to: www.KnoxvilleHealthCoach.com
During a recent class with Nicole she encouraged the class by saying how the work will make us stronger for life’s challenges. I realized how yoga can be a practice that helps with inner strength, and a clearing out of negativity. Nicole’s yoga class teaches you to be strong and self reliant, it also helps to clear your mind so when you leave you feel very happy.
Susanne Stangarone Galvin, Mom, Career Counselor and yoga student
Yogi Tea will be provided.