- This event has passed.
Deep Rest: Restorative Yoga Workshop with Siobhan McAuley
February 22 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on February 22, 2020 at 2:00pm
One event on March 21, 2020 at 2:00pm
We all crave time and space to ourselves but we often fail to prioritize it. Yet, to create anything new in our lives requires space.
Every month we come together as a community to practice DEEP REST as a way of making space in our lives for the unknown that is longing to be made known through us. We prop ourselves up with bolsters and blankets, covering our eyes to shut out the constant distractions of our daily lives and we rest. Our egos may resist, defending the need to be defined by how productive we are but we know, having made the commitment to practice, that it’s not our egos that call for rest. It is our bodies and our souls that long for the time and space to just be so that who we might become can emerge.
Benefits of time spent dedicated to DEEP REST ~
* Nourishes our nervous system enabling us to be more responsive and less reactive mentally and emotionally
* Grounds us in the present creating the space and perspective needed to disentangle the narratives of our past that keep us stuck in a cycle of suffering
* Soothes the ego’s constant quest for more by anchoring our acknowledgement of what already is
* Cultivates a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation for our bodies and who we are right now without needing to change anything
* Creates the much needed time and space for new ideas, possibilities and dreams to emerge effortlessly by reconnecting us to the magic of life
Each workshop is unique focusing on different aspects of how to apply the practice to our daily lives with the aim of supporting students in sustaining their rest practice between monthly workshops. Limited to 6 students. No previous yoga experience required.
Workshop is limited to 6 students.
$40 per student
Siobhan McAuley is the co-Founder of The Meaning Maker Collective, a community of practice for womxn to think deeply about who we’re being, what holds meaning for us, and why. She has been teaching yoga since 1997 specializing in how to use the practice as a roadmap of meaning and metaphor to guide us in our healing journey. www.themeaningmakercollective.